Everything you need to know before moving from Mumbai to Delhi
Mar 14 2018
How to choose local movers and packers in Mumbai
One of the major reasons people move from Mumbai to Delhi is for work. People usually shift house from Mumbai to Delhi because of a new job or if they’ve been transferred.
When moving to a new city, it is always best to read up about the city as much as you can. If you know a fair bit about the city, adjusting to life there gets simpler. To make your move from Mumbai to Delhi hassle-free, we’ve put together a detailed city guide about Delhi. This will help you find a house for the family, school for the children, furniture and other important things for the house, and just about anything you need.
What makes Delhi so different from Mumbai?
Here are 5 things about Mumbai that you will miss in Delhi
1. Mumbai’s pleasant weather
The weather in Mumbai is usually pleasant throughout the year. Summers are not too hot. Winters aren’t too cold. And the Rainy season is pleasant. But Delhi isn’t the same. Summers are extremely hot. Winters, extremely cold. And the rainy season is almost always hot, too.
After moving from Mumbai to Delhi, the weather is certainly something you are going to miss.
2. The beaches and Marine Drive
If you’ve grown up in Mumbai, we’re sure your favourite hangout place is one of the many beaches in Mumbai or Marine Drive. After moving to Delhi, this is one thing you will miss dearly.
Delhi has a lot of historical monuments, and that’s where people usually hang out. While hanging out at India Gate or Jantar-Mantar has its own charm, it is nothing like spending an evening by the sea.
3. The affordable seafood
Since Mumbai is situated by the coast, fresh and affordable seafood is easily available. Seafood in Delhi isn’t as affordable nor fresh.
Delhi has some amazing North-Indian delicacies. But you’ll certainly find yourself craving the delicious seafood you enjoyed in Mumbai.
4. Feeling safe when walking alone on the streets at night
Mumbai is a city that never sleeps. This is also what makes the city safer than most other places in India. Delhi, sadly, is considered to be unsafe for women as well as men. Stepping out alone during the night isn’t very safe. Taking the public transport alone at night is not the wisest idea.
5. The lip-smacking Vada-Pav and Pav-Bhaji
Vada-Pav is said to be the lifeline of Mumbai. It is not only a delicious snack but also very easy to eat.
If you are looking to enjoy a delicious plate of Chole-Kulche or Tandoori Chicken, Delhi is the perfect place. But if you’ve lived in Mumbai long enough, you’ll find it difficult to satiate your craving for Vada-Pav or Pav-Bhaji.
Are you moving home from Mumbai to Delhi? Looking to hire packers and movers? With so many people claiming to be the best in the business, how do you choose the right packers and movers for house shifting in India?
What you should know before hiring local movers and packers in Mumbai
1. Compare quotes before you hire local movers packers and in Mumbai
Don’t settle for the first moving company you come across. Do your research well and compare multiple quotes before hiring packers and movers.
2. Check if the local movers and packers in Mumbai are licensed
Over the last few years, a lot of fake moving companies have come up in India. It’s not a wise idea to trust them with all your precious household goods.
But how do you identify fake local packers and movers in Mumbai? Check if they are licensed. Be very careful about this. Or even better, hire packers and movers from Glovve.
3. Look at customer testimonials of local movers and packers in Mumbai
The best way to judge the credibility of movers and packers is by finding out what others who’ve used them in the past have to say. Always look for customer testimonials before hiring a moving company.
How to hire local movers and packers in Mumbai
Where do you wish to move your home?
1. Shift Your Home Locally Within Mumbai City?
2. Move your home from Mumbai to another Indian city?
3. Relocate internationally to or from Mumbai?
6 steps to choose the best local movers and packers in Mumbai
1. Fill in the details of your home move
2. Get instant estimates from verified local packers and movers in Mumbai
3. Compare mover prices. Check packers and movers' profiles, reviews, and ratings.
4. Choose the packers and movers who best fits your budget and expectations
5. Book and track your move online
6. Gain from Glovve guarantees against moving delays and damage to your items.
Save grief with trusted local movers and packers in Mumbai
1. Why would you move with unknown, unverified packers and movers in Ahmedabad?
2. Why would you risk damage, or loss to your precious household items when you shift from Ahmedabad?
3. Why should you put up with delays from packers and movers Ahmedabad?
4. Why would you choose half a moving service when you can get the complete moving services at Glovve?
Read our FAQs on moving to understand the benefits of moving with Glovve's Packers and Movers.
More tips to choose the local packers and movers in Mumbai
Did you find local movers and packers in Mumbai?
Haven't found the best local movers and packers in Mumbai yet? Hire them at Glovve.com.
Did you find this guide useful for your move?
Would you like us to add anything to this?
Do share your thoughts with us here.