A good, or a bad idea: Renting furniture and appliances when you shift house?
Jul 06 2018
Choose the best furniture rental services when you relocate to a new city.
Looking for local furniture rental services?
Glovve offers you the complete suite of house shifting services. Choose trusted, verified service providers for Furniture Rentals, Home Finding, Packers and Movers, Storage Solutions, Car Transportation, and more.
To buy furniture, or to not buy, when you shift your home?
If you’re moving to a new city for only a few months, we’re sure you’ve asked yourself this question: When moving to a new city, should I take all my furniture along?
If you relocate frequently, taking all your furniture with you everywhere doesn’t make sense.
Why move with a truck full of household goods, when you can move with only what’s absolutely necessary?
Two, would all the furniture you have now fit perfectly in your new house? After all the layouts of the two homes have to match for that to happen, right?
Three, there is a cost to moving, after all. By planning your shift in advance, you will stand to gain.
Metropolitan life in India is changing fast. Cities are now opening to a new lifestyle. Today, just about anything you need at your new home is available on rent.
With Glovve’s furniture rental services, you can easily rent sofas, couches, reclining chairs, liquor cabinets, beds and more. But that’s not all. You can even lease electronic items and appliances.
Why buy, when you can easily rent?
Here are 5 reasons why renting furniture is better than buying.
1. Save upfront investments of time and money
Moving to a new city is expensive. Add to this the cost of buying new furniture. It’s sure to burn a hole in your pocket.
With Glovve’s furniture rental services, you can easily rent furniture for your new home. It’s cheaper than buying furniture.
If you’re moving for a short time, buying new furniture doesn’t make sense. Carrying your old furniture also isn’t the best idea. This is when furniture rental services save the day for you.
2. Experiment with different furniture styles, easily
Not sure if that bright coloured sofa will look good in your living room?
Love that asymmetric teakwood centre table?
Fancy the Siemens Washing Machine, or the Samsung 3-door Refrigerator?
If you’re buying these are things you’ll have to think twice about. But when it comes to renting furniture or leasing appliances, there’s no risk.
You can easily experiment with different colours, models, and styles without the fear of being stuck with it for the long term.
3. Get rid of furniture you don’t need without heartburn
Once you’ve bought furniture, you’re stuck with it for a long time. If, after using it, you don’t like it, selling it off isn’t easy. Even if your furniture is very new, you can’t sell it at the same price you purchased it for.
You have only two options now. Either way, you stand to lose.
- Stay unhappy and use the furniture because you’ve invested so much money in it.
- Or sell it and lose money.
But if you rent furniture, you get it at a fraction of what you’d pay for it if you were to buy it.
What’s more, if you don’t like it after using it, you can return it for something else.
4. Enjoy fast and hassle-free delivery
If you’ve ever gone furniture shopping before, you’ll know how time-consuming it is.
If you’re renting furniture, you can easily look at pictures in your free time and rent furniture online.
All you need to do is enter your preferred date, time, and location for delivery. And we’ll deliver the furniture at your doorsteps without any hassles.
5. Relocate and save shifting costs with fewer household items
Moving to a new city only for a few years? Have a job that requires you to relocate frequently?
Your relocation costs can be reduced drastically if you don’t have too much furniture. By renting furniture, you are not only saving the money you’d otherwise invest in buying furniture, but you’re also saving your relocation costs.
Glovve offers door-to-door home moving and relocation services to ensure a zero-tension move.
6. When renting furniture, trust Glovve’s complete home moving services.
These cover all the stages of moving house and delivers you peace of mind.
- Begin your house shift with finding a new house on rent or for sale in your new locality, or city. Put an entire team of trusted realtors to find it for you, quickly and efficiently.
- Plan to rent furniture, appliances, or vehicles in your new city. Discover why renting is smarter than buying.
- Get trusted Packers & Movers to move you to 260 destinations in India. Glovve helps you with packing and moving services for local city house shifting, intercity home shifting, and international home moving. Get instant quotes free of charge, read reviews of movers and packers, and make informed home shifting decisions that give you peace of mind.
- Benefit from Glovve’s car transportation service to shift your car, bike, or SUV safely. Experienced movers stand by.
- Think of storing household items that you do not use often, but are too precious to dispose of, in our state-of-the-art storage facilities. Improve your living space and reduce the clutter.
- Take advantage of our new home settling-in services to ease into your new house. Find maids, plumbers, electricians and more without hassles.
- And finally, if you wish to move your business, or office, explore Glovve’s Office Shifting services.
7. Save grief when your rent furniture with Glovve
- Why would you risk renting furniture and appliances from unknown rental agencies?
- At Glovve, rent furniture, electronic appliances, and even vehicles
- Pay for it in nominal monthly instalments
- Choose from a wide pool of top furniture vendors who have partnered with Glovve
Looking for the best house shifting tips? Check out these links.
- Moving from Ahmedabad to Bangalore? Remember these 5 simple but important things.
- Relocating from Delhi to Bangalore? Remember these 10 things
- Shifting from Hyderabad to Bangalore? Here’s everything you need to know.
- DIY home moves VS Hiring professional packers and movers. Which one is better?
- What is the cost of moving home?
Know someone who is looking for home moving services?
Did you find this article on furniture leasing useful?
Have something you’d like to add to this? Do share your thoughts with us in the comments below.